Thursday, July 22, 2010

I want YOU to run the LA Marathon!!!

It turns out I'm a recruiter and I didn't even know it. Once I set my new goal, to run the LA Marathon, I figured the best way to commit to my goal was to talk about it. So I wrote a blog, I posted it on Facebook, and I started mentioning it to guests and co-workers at my restaurant job. Suddenly, people want to run with me! Maybe they figure if Briana can do it, they can do it. Maybe they didn't even realize they wanted that kind of challenge until they had a buddy to run with! Or maybe they want a bit of that feeling I seem to get, the light that shines in my eyes, when I talk about crossing the finish line and plunging my feet into the ocean.

If my running buddies actually sign up and commit to the marathon, I'll be running in a pack of five, which will make my goal five times more fun! If we all show up, I don't think I'll care about my finish time at all. I'll just be happy to be running with a pack, enjoy the experience of knowing that no matter how tired I become, I'm not alone. I can't wait! Doesn't it sound awesome? There's still time to join, ya know. It's not until March so there's plenty of time to train...and no limit to how big the pack can become! It could be the best $145 you'll ever spend!

CLICK HERE
to register for the 2011 LA Marathon!!!

It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Briana

My photo
Born and raised in Detroit, MI, Briana began writing at an early age. She studied Creative Writing and Journalism throughout grammar school, writing an advice column and serving as a Copy Editor for her school newspaper. Briana attended Western Michigan University's Musical Theatre Performance program before heading to New York City to pursue a career in theatre and music. Writing music with the Chad Parson Band inspired her to focus her energy on other forms of writing she had left behind; poetry, short stories, and eventually short film. She was privileged to study Poetry Writing with poet and novelist Laurie Wagner Buyer and was honored to receive an internship with E. Jean Carroll, the longtime advice columnist for Elle Magazine. In 2006, Briana co-founded Bigger Baby Productions, a small internet-based company focused mainly on short comedic film. On January 1st of 2008, she made the cross-country move from NYC to LA to pursue a career in film and television. Briana currently resides in Santa Monica with her dog, Howie, and recently finished her first marathon!