Tuesday, March 2, 2010

It's About Time

I'm back! I know I always get ahead of myself but I don't care. I'm letting myself get excited about exercising again in the hopes of building momentum. And I'm making myself accountable to you, all four of my readers, by blogging. It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to be.

I found a recovery program in one of Tony Horton's blogs and I'm gonna use it to get back in the swing of things. Mondays are 30 minutes of easy aerobic exercise so I did speed and incline intervals on the treadmill downstairs with The Kooks keeping the beat. It was just right. I didn't freak out and overdo, as I've been known to before. I just got out of bed and kept my promise to myself. Enough is enough. I'm settling into my new apartment, I'm finding more jobs to pay the rent, and the Olympics are over; no more excuses!

Tonight, I did 40 minutes of the P90X Yoga. Perfection. Broke a sweat but didn't kill myself. I feel stretched out and strong, and ready to chip away, day by day, sculpting the body I want. I'm changing my diet with little steps, too. This week, I focus on drinking water all day long and cutting out the junk food. I get two days where I get to cheat (read: eat pizza and ice cream). During my latest trip to the grocery store, I bought lots of fruits, veggies, and nuts making it easier to eat throughout the day so I don't binge on sweets.

It feels good to recommit myself. My body is already thanking me for getting back to work. I feel more confident and in tune. No more rut!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Briana

My photo
Born and raised in Detroit, MI, Briana began writing at an early age. She studied Creative Writing and Journalism throughout grammar school, writing an advice column and serving as a Copy Editor for her school newspaper. Briana attended Western Michigan University's Musical Theatre Performance program before heading to New York City to pursue a career in theatre and music. Writing music with the Chad Parson Band inspired her to focus her energy on other forms of writing she had left behind; poetry, short stories, and eventually short film. She was privileged to study Poetry Writing with poet and novelist Laurie Wagner Buyer and was honored to receive an internship with E. Jean Carroll, the longtime advice columnist for Elle Magazine. In 2006, Briana co-founded Bigger Baby Productions, a small internet-based company focused mainly on short comedic film. On January 1st of 2008, she made the cross-country move from NYC to LA to pursue a career in film and television. Briana currently resides in Santa Monica with her dog, Howie, and recently finished her first marathon!