Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Ouch.

I may have gotten ahead of myself. I know I said I wouldn't but I did. Today on the Tony Horton recovery schedule was Cardio X. I got 10 minutes in and had to stop. The Cardio program begins with Yoga poses and my arms were like, "No, sorry, nuh-uh. We just did Yoga yesterday, remember." So I skipped to the next section, the Kenpo moves. I used to love Kenpo so I was really excited. Everything seemed fine until we started kicking and I realized that by skipping the Yoga, I had skipped the warmup. I'll repeat this for effect; I skipped the warmup.

So...today's "obvious lesson I learned the hard way" is do NOT skip the warmup. There is a reason for it...so you don't pull every muscle in the back of your right leg. Okay, I didn't pull every muscle, but I'm being careful and I've learned my lesson. That being said, I'm still proud of myself. I almost didn't work out today. I was on my computer, avoiding it, putting it off, building excuses in my head. I started telling myself I would be too sore from yesterday's workout, or I should eat more food first, or drink more water, and then I realized that was the problem. I give in to my laziness, make excuses, and then the cycle continues. Not today, friends. Not today.

Today I got dressed, laced up, water bottle by my side, and went for it. I could feel the heaviness and it made me wanna work harder. By the end of the workout, I was sweaty, red-faced, and content. Day three and going strong. It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Briana

My photo
Born and raised in Detroit, MI, Briana began writing at an early age. She studied Creative Writing and Journalism throughout grammar school, writing an advice column and serving as a Copy Editor for her school newspaper. Briana attended Western Michigan University's Musical Theatre Performance program before heading to New York City to pursue a career in theatre and music. Writing music with the Chad Parson Band inspired her to focus her energy on other forms of writing she had left behind; poetry, short stories, and eventually short film. She was privileged to study Poetry Writing with poet and novelist Laurie Wagner Buyer and was honored to receive an internship with E. Jean Carroll, the longtime advice columnist for Elle Magazine. In 2006, Briana co-founded Bigger Baby Productions, a small internet-based company focused mainly on short comedic film. On January 1st of 2008, she made the cross-country move from NYC to LA to pursue a career in film and television. Briana currently resides in Santa Monica with her dog, Howie, and recently finished her first marathon!